To hen or not to hen...that is the question

The first thing that Dave's brothers asked about when we announced our wedding date and that they were to take on the joint best man duties was: "where do you want your stag do?"

The idea of a traditional stag of just drinking and strippers was not something that appealed to Dave. He was more about a meal and then off somewhere for a gaming night (literally video games). His various cousins and friends soon got involved and demanded trips to far off realms. The reality is that we haven't got long for this wedding and we need to think about money. That means that exotic stags are not really feasible.

Dave knows all of this of course and that is why he suggested such a tame stag. I haven't even really given it much thought as to a hen do though.

The traditional boozy hen do with male strippers is not something for me either. I don't see why it should be. I don't really like alcohol all that much and my maid of honour is tee-total. Why should we ever entertain the notion of that? Also, I have seen enough naked men in my life to not wish to see more on a hen do.

I had planned something equally subdued for my hen do. Just me and my maid of honour going for a nice meal and then a show or something like that in the West End of London. I might do a second one with another friend of mine as her husband will be at Dave's stag and we could go out for a night on the town just the two of us.

At the end of the day I am a pragmatist and I don't like going out and doing the boozy romps about town. I think they are tacky and tasteless and I have never enjoyed anything like that. I know my limits and I know what I want and don't want from life. The boozy hen do is something I most definitely do not want.

I am pleased that Dave has such a simple idea for his stag do. We are very similar in our tastes and ideas and it makes sense to me that he would not go for the boozy romp himself.

Is it wrong to not want to be involved in a hen do? Or at least that traditional idea of one?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First time buyer - timeline and advice

Why we need International Women's Day

My favourite...Japanese actors and actresses