Things that amused me recently

1. Our local McDonalds is closed for a refit and the thing that is most amusing about this is that people are really confused by it! Like they can't cope at all. So many drivers looking disappointed as they slow down near the entrance and so many lost looking teenagers at the end of the day who can't pop in on the way home from school for their burger and fries. I even had to help out a nice Irish man because it was first thing in the morning and he didn't know where else he could get a coffee from.

2. This is a little tragic one really but still weird enough to amuse me. There is a chain of nurseries in the city I live in that have been broken in to over the last week. Really nasty stuff like weeing on mattresses and stuff and only one that I know of had anything stolen. One of the nurseries (and the latest to be hit) is on my route to and from work. It is amusing because it is a right proper mystery. Also, the local press are on it now and are swarming round with TV cameras. I saw one van and camera last night as I walked home.

3. An emu caused chaos just up the road from my childhood home. The things I miss since I moved out. Basically, my parent's home is surrounded by farm land and one of the farms is used for education and therapy as well as being a working farm. They have an entrance on the main road to one of the nearest towns and this is a busy commuter route. An emu escaped from the farm and ran into the road and a couple of drivers had to stop and chase after it. No emus (or humans) were harmed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First time buyer - timeline and advice

Why we need International Women's Day

My favourite...Japanese actors and actresses