Things I learned recently

Life is full of lessons and here are some of the ones I have learned recently.

Don't move a washing machine on your own!

I did this when ours was playing up the other weekend and I totally regret it. The worst part was that it still had water in it and a load of cloths so it was extra heavy. I should have drained it and opened it and then got my fiance to help me with it.

There's a weird bundle of nerves in your back and legs

Hurting myself meant I discovered my sciatic nerve. It starts by your butt and runs down each leg. I damaged it on my right side when I tried to move the washing machine. The worst thing was realising I had done all the nerves in around my right lower abdomen too. Not pleasant feeling them all repair.

Peppermint tea literally cures everything!

I was recommended this for my recurring IBS like symptoms and it's great! Refreshing and tasty, it also stops the IBS like cramping, nausea, loss of appetite and it relieves stress and anxiety. I highly recommend it! If you drink some before dinner then it aids digestion. I was sceptical, but it really works! Plus it is caffeine free so there is no dodgy after effects.

You have to do a test before you can get married

When giving notice recently we had to prove who we were and that legally we could get married. Part of that was answering questions on each other such as how to spell each other's surname, their date of birth, what they do for a living as well as how long they've lived at their address for. This is to eliminate sham marriages to get people permanent visas of course, but I was glad we could both pass. Nothing more embarrassing than forgetting your partner's birthday!

Pancakes are easier to make than I thought:

Simply, I tried to make some with my first boyfriend and we almost set his mum's kitchen alight! No idea how we managed that. I was dreading recent pancake day but I got it spot on! I might make this in to a future quick version of cooking with Sez.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First time buyer - timeline and advice

Why we need International Women's Day

My favourite...Japanese actors and actresses