Go outside, but don't

When the rules don't make a lot of sense

Yesterday I did my first full day back on the campus I work at. I felt totally safe being there and I have to say that the University has done an amazing job making the campus covid-19 safe. The measures include:

  • Additional temporary buildings and toilets
  • Hand sanitiser everywhere
  • Free masks for staff and an expectation that everyone wears one around every building
  • Spaced out bus stops at the terminal on site
  • Limited numbers in toilets and kitchen areas
  • One way system everywhere

Not once did I feel like I would be in danger and I was spaced apart from colleagues the whole time. I really enjoyed being back at my place of work and it helped me to separate home and work life.

This morning we are being told that we might have to start working from home more by the Government and as I write we are waiting to see what Boris Johnson has to say about things. The hints at the moment are that we should be working from home where possible and yet we can still go to the pub until 10pm. 

I have been told that I can go into the office still and the expectation is that teaching will still start as planned. I think that for everyone's wellbeing we need to be able to go on site where possible. Normal in a covid safe environment is so important. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First time buyer - timeline and advice

Why we need International Women's Day

My favourite...Japanese actors and actresses