Back to work when you’ve already been working

Back to the office and I like it

Today I am back on campus and in an office. I say that because it is not my own office, but it is close enough and I am so happy to be back! 

It isn’t like I was furloughed or not working at all during the last six months, but there is nothing like actually being on site. You get to have all these spontaneous conversations and already this morning I have managed to sort out so many issues that I just couldn’t do at home.

Being in a socially distanced office is also great because there is nothing like physically being with people. You can get by with video calling someone, but it doesn’t feel the same as actually being with people. 

I will admit to being quite nervous about coming back at first, but after I got here and saw other people here I realised that it was actually going to work really well and I was just so happy to have a little bit of normal come back.

Hopefully it will last. I know there are talks about a full country two week lock down coming up soon, but I hope that won’t be the case and I can carry on coming in to work. It will only be for two days a week but it is making a huge difference to me already.

With my anxiety I need to make myself come back and I am treating this as a kind of phased return to work. It will be good to start walking to work again as well so that I can get fitter. I can see the benefits of being here and I know this will do me good in the long run. I trust the place I work to put in the social distancing measures and I know that it will work even when the students are back. This is going to be...dare I say it...fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First time buyer - timeline and advice

Why we need International Women's Day

My favourite...Japanese actors and actresses