My 2015

It's that time of year again when I look back at all the things I have done and compare them to things that were going on in the world at the time. Here we go then.

January:

I had the flu over Christmas and it only left me at the beginning of January. This means that I was still recovering for a lot of the time. Back to work for me though. I do discover a new favourite band though in SID (said: shido) who are a visual kei band from Japan. They did the theme for Black Butler among others and are amazing!

3-7 January Boko Haram kill more than 2000 in Nigeria.

7 January Islamist terrorists kill members of left-wing satirist French paper, Charlie Hebdo, in Paris.

February:

Dave and I started house hunting and got our mortgage approved in principal. We also found Scoops, a brilliant little ice-cream place in Portswood highstreet. House hunting began and this was most of our lives to be honest. We celebrated 6 years together on Valentine's Day with a trip to Bournemouth and a nice meal in our favourite buffet.

16 February Egypt begins airstrikes against Daesh in Libya in retaliation for them beheading more than a dozen Egyptian Christians.

March:

We starting house viewings. The first house we saw was lovely (if, in hindsight, a little small) and we had an offer accepted on it. We went to Takedown Fest and saw FVK who had put together a stage there. We also saw the band Fozzy in Southampton. Then we had the offer on the house rejected as the owners decided not to sell after all. We then went and viewed another house in Southampton and that offer was accepted. So began our decent into house buying fun, games or hell (whichever way you look at it).

6 March NASA's Dawn prob orbits dwarf planet Ceres

24 March an Airbus A320-211 operated by Germanwings crashed in the French Alps killing all 150 on board. It was later discovered that the pilot had mental health issues and the crash was deliberate on his part.

April:

Began buying all the bits and pieces for the house. In fact, it was mostly house related stuff that was purchased and done during this month. I discover the works of Takeru Sato and thus ruin Dave's life forever. I also discover the wonderful band ONE OK ROCK and fall a bit for lead singer, Taka.

25 April a 7.8 earthquake strikes Nepal causing 8857 deaths, 130 in India, 27 in China and 4 in Bangladesh.

May:

Still getting the house sorted. Went to Lyme Regis with my parents. Saw FVK again when we came back.

23 May Ireland votes to leagalise same sex-marriage.

June:

More house stuff and during this time it became stressful as the vendor was taking his sweet time about everything and we were ready to roll with it all. Saw the big film of the summer which was Jurassic World. Better than Jurassic Park II.

30 June Cuba becomes the first country to eradicate mother-to-child transmission of HIV and syphilis.

July:

Stress, stress and more stress over the house. By the end of the month we did complete and moved in. Bought all the furniture and that had stress in itself it turned out but it all worked out in the end. Finally in the house and starting to settle.

1 July Greece becomes the first country to miss a payment to the IMF.

14 July NASA's New Horizons does a fly by of Pluto and becomes the first spacecraft to visit the planet.

August:

Settling in to the new house. Finally saw my lovely friend's new band Solace in Nightmares (SIN) who I am the street team person for online. They were brilliant.

5 August debris found on Reunion Island of missing Malaysian Airlines Flight M370 which disappeared in March 2014!

September:

Quiet really. Settling in to the house and getting used to it all.

24 September a stampede during Hajj in Mecca kills at least 2200 and injures more than 900 others with 650 missing.

28 September NASA announces water has been discovered on Mars.

October:

I got really ill with a terrible stomach bug and this lingered on forever. I was well enough to go to London with my colleague and then fell ill again in time for my holiday to Mallorca. The holiday with Dave was lovely and I wish I could have enjoyed it a little more and not been quite so ill the whole time I was there. Went to see the new James Bond film, Spectre for my Dad's birthday.

31 October Flight KGL9268, an Airbus A321 from Sharm el-Sheikh to Saint Petersburg, crashes near Al-Hasana in Sinai, killing all 217 passengers and 7 crew on board.

November:

Still ill and getting worried so went to the doctors. Was told to return at the end of the month if there was no improvement. Had my birthday and felt in pain all day. Went to the theatre that night to watch Hairspray. Finished the month with another trip to the doctors and was told I could have a blood test if I wanted one.

13 November mulitple attacks in Paris resulted in 130 fatalities (many of them at the Eagles of Death Metal gig at the Bataclan) and were claimed by Daesh.

24 November Turkey shoots down a Russian fighter jet they claim entered Turkish airspace while on a bombing raid of Daesh in Syria. The first case of a NATO member doing this since the 1950s.

December:

Ordered a new mattress as the old one is so uncomfortable for me. Got my bloods taken and got the results back. It turns out I had an elevated ESR which is a non-specific indicator of infection or inflammation somewhere in the body. Due to my original symptoms of my illness in October and my other results all coming back negative or normal I am diagnosed with post-viral chronic fatigue. I have tickets to see my favourite band, ONE OK ROCK play in Shepherd's Bush, London but due to health and safety concerns at the venue the gig is put forward a day and to a new venue. I have the absolute time of my life! We had a hotel booked in London for the next day so decide to travel back to London to use the hotel. Now we are getting ready for Christmas as the two of us in our house for the first time.

12 December global climate change pact agreed at COP 21 Summit committing all countries to reduce carbon emissions for the first time.

22 December Space X landed a Falcon 9 rocket successfully back on Earth. This is the first reusable rocket to do so with a vertical landing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First time buyer - timeline and advice

Why we need International Women's Day

My favourite...Japanese actors and actresses