In mourning

I am in mourning for my future, my unborn children's future and those friends of mine who were just slightly too young to vote this time.

Last night it was announced that Britain had voted to leave the EU and all based on a pack of lies. Even this morning Nigel Farage of UKIP has been on national television and admitted that the Leave claim of £350 million a week into the EU which could go to the NHS was a lie. He actually sat there and said that.

Already we have seen the pound plummet to a 31 year low. The last time the pound was this low was 1985. I was born in 1986. I have literally never known it to be this bad in my entire life. I am 30 in November.

Cameron has already said he is standing down in October. As if the country were not fucked enough this morning he is adding more uncertainty into the mix, but really he has nowhere else to go. He should never have called this referendum in the first place. Then for him to stand on TV and cry is just as big an insult to the country.

The knock on effect is already felt. Japan had to temporarily suspend trading as the yen surged against the dollar. For a country trying to rebuild it's economy and kick start trade again this is a disaster. Poland is also suffering in its economy this morning.

This will run on and on. Already the Bank of England is looking at the state of things in America and will have to make serious decisions based on trading there. I fear where this is going to lead us economically.

That is what bothers me the most. This referendum was decided on two things. Immigration and the mis-guided belief that all our laws were dictated by Brussels.

Myth one: EU increases immigration

Nope. In fact it is freedom of movement. The UK decides how many immigrants to take. EU members are not immigrants. Also we have a fair balance of UK people going out to live in EU countries and those coming in. Immigration is to do with war torn places like Syria that we decided to do fuck all about.

Myth two: All our laws come from Brussels.

The EU can guide the member states to make certain laws but cannot dictate. The UK even had power of veto and could opt out of any decision it disagreed with. We had all the benefits of the EU without having to conform to anything if we didn't want to. How fucking sweet a deal was that?!

I would like to thank those in the baby boom generation for dicking over my future even more. I would like to thank them further for my unborn children and I would like to let you know that we will never forget what you have done to us.

To the rest of Europe I would like to apologise for the behaviour of just over half the country I live in. There were nearly half of us that didn't want this and we still love being a part of Europe. I am so, so sorry to you all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First time buyer - timeline and advice

Why we need International Women's Day

My favourite...Japanese actors and actresses