Creativity

I always used to believe that I wasn't very creative. The reason for this is that I always thought someone creative was like an artist, author, musician or playwright. I never realised that creativity could be almost anything and be found anywhere.

Creativity is actually anything you are inspired to do. This can be found anywhere and at any time and it is really up to you to make or do what you want to do. It made me realise that I am far more creative than I realised.

As many people know I am in to cosplay. I am not great at sewing or anything like that so I either put together cosplays from items of clothing I own or can buy or from costumes made by others. This is not cheating in my eyes as I am still creating a character and I am still putting a character together. My preference is for human characters that often wear clothes that anyone would wear. There is my Misa or L for example. I have ordered a costume for Grell and the good thing was that I could use part of it for my Madam Red cosplay. I buy and then style the wigs myself and come up with the make-up and once I am in costume it is up to me to bring the character to life, so that is creativity!

Me as Madam Red at Christmas 2015

My vlogging and blogging take inspiration from my daily life and things I have a passion for. Other people I know do gaming, cosplay, car, photography or motherhood vlogs and blogs. There are vlogs and blogs out there for literally everything nowadays and it is whatever inspires you to pick up the camera or tap out something at your computer. My vlogs and blogs have been going for a while now and while I am not the most popular one on the internet it is a creative outlet for me to express myself. A catharsis if you will.

Others may not understand or appreciate what you do but the important thing is to keep on creating what you create and to be happy doing it. We are all inspired by different things and creativity is all around us. In our own ways we are all creative and that is a beautiful thing.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First time buyer - timeline and advice

Why we need International Women's Day

My favourite...Japanese actors and actresses