Hay fever - it is quite annoying

This year is especially bad for hay fever as I have mentioned several times now. It is really, really annoying me now though. I have tried almost everything I can think of:


  • Local honey
  • Showering every evening to wash pollen out of my hair
  • Not drying my clothes outside when there is a high pollen count
  • Lozenges for my throat
  • One a day non-drowsy hay fever tablets
  • Piriton
  • Beconaze
  • Gargling with salt water
  • Keeping windows shut at night
It is doing my head in now. I just don't know what else to do. As I sit and type this I am having trouble seeing because I want to rub my eyes some more. I want to stick a knife up my nose and have a good scratch and I want to tear my throat out because it is so itchy. I am also fed up with my ears as several times a day I can feel an itch in there too. It is so annoying!

I really hate this time of year. We have just got over the tree pollen and now we are on to the grass season. It doesn't help that outside where I work they just cut the grass and our office windows were open so I have had a bad effect from that today.

I just can't wait for August/September time as that is when a lot of my symptoms go away. Right now I am looking at another 6 weeks at least of hell. I just get so fed up with it and honestly it gets me down a lot of the time. Do you have a way of dealing with hay fever that works for you? What is it? I need to know your secrets!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First time buyer - timeline and advice

Why we need International Women's Day

My favourite...Japanese actors and actresses