Daily comment: 2015

The news today has been a little thin for my liking and I am still waiting to hear Foxy's address at Parliament.  I thought I would comment on what a let down 2015 will be then.

Yesterday it was announced that physists had 'broken' physics by inventing a way of making things hover.  This is a genius break through and means we are one step closer to that hover board I always wanted.  Why have I always wanted one though?  Simples.  Back to the Future.

When I was a kid that was the future as far as I was concerned.  Being born in the mid-eighties I grew up watching those films and loved every one of them.  The first and last films primarily dealt with things from the past, 1955 and 1885.  In the second film though, Marty and Doc go into the future, 2015.  Now back in the mid-eighties/early ninties this was a long way off and anything seemed possible.  The inventions could have been anything.

What came to pass though?  Well we have televisions that are capable of doing more than one thing at a time.  The fax machine came and pretty much went.  There are little devices like headsets that act like mobile phones, this is before mobile phones really and so this I guess has come to pass in blue tooth ear pieces.  We can re-hydrate food as in the the microwave oven type thing as well.  There are two inventions that I think the world will be worse off for not having though in 2015.  The flying car and the hover board.

The flying car will probably never happen (mores the pitty).  The aeroynamics wouldn't work and having a nuclear reactor on your car to make it hover and fly would be a little dangerous.  The hover board though.  That would be the greatest mode of transport ever!  I would love one of those. 

We came a step closer with the creationg of the Nike boots from the film (although they don't really tie themselves) and I want my hover board.  It is bad enough I have to wait until 2015 before we can potentially end the coalition.  I can't believe that I will not get rewarded for five years putting up with them without my hover board!  I feel cheated.  Who else does?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First time buyer - timeline and advice

Why we need International Women's Day

My favourite...Japanese actors and actresses