Things I learned about my fiance since living with him

It is said that you don't truly know another person until you live with them. I have spent a lot of time with le fiance before we moved in together but there are still some things about him that I didn't know or I have noticed since we moved in together.

1. He talks to himself...

...a lot! He is always mumbling away to himself. I think this is how he gets through the day. He explains processes to himself (e.g. what to cook when or what order to hoover the house).

2. He has his own jokes

We will be sat watching TV or just walking down the street and then something pops into his head that makes him laugh. He will just randomly burst out laughing.

3. He has an evil sense of humour

I never realised just how dark his humour could be until we started living together and I was exposed to it more during the day (well, weekends and evenings anyway).

4. His confidence has grown

There is no way that he is the same person I knew before we moved in. The move out of his parents house has been the making of him I think.

5. He likes trashier TV than me

He will happily watch shows like The Apprentice rather than a history documentary and some of his previous show choices include terrible plane based comedy/dramas.

6. He is more like his brothers than I realised

Le fiance has an older brother (by 2 years) and a younger one (by just over 2 years). When they were living together under their parent's roof they were fairly restrained. This might be because their parents were always there and they felt they had to act like grown ups or they couldn't express themselves or something. Now, get them together without their parent's influence, and they all have the same dark sense of humour and they are all so alike in mannerisms and even looks. They have an almost psychic link it seems like. I would explain it as like triplets who were born years apart.

7. He likes to tap and stroke things

He is always tapping things or patting his legs and he doesn't know he is doing it. Otherwise he is always stroking things. Just anything really. Apparently he likes to stroke things.

8. He doesn't own many pants

A weird one this. There was a survey done in the UK and it found out that men in Southampton (where we now live) only change their pants every other day. It turns out he only owns about 4 or 5 pairs. I think I know what I need to buy him for Xmas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First time buyer - timeline and advice

Why we need International Women's Day

My favourite...Japanese actors and actresses