Our first Christmas

My fiance and I are celebrating our first Christmas together this year (awwww). We took the decision not to see our individual families this year on the big day and instead spend it with one another. There are many reasons for this besides wanting to spend it alone for the first time ever.


  1. We didn't want a fight. We didn't see that it would be fair to either side if we saw one and not the other. We will visit my parents on Christmas Eve and Dave's parents on Boxing Day when we see the rest of his family as per tradition.
  2. We didn't want to travel. Dave's parents are two minutes down the road and mine are 20 minutes down the road but that isn't really the point. I know that is no distance at all but quite frankly neither of us can be arsed and we just want a relaxing day sat around eating and drinking and watching shit TV.
  3. This is the first time we will have seen each other on Christmas day in four years! The last four times his Mum wouldn't let him visit me on the day even though he had for the first two or three.
Also, I am really looking forward to celebrating Christmas in my own house for the first time. I will decorate it how I want and I will have the food and drink I want and it will be wonderful.

There is some debate as to what to have for the dinner though. I would like a Turkey as this is what I have had every year for my whole life. Dave is used to a three bird roast and would like one of those. Otherwise we could just say sod it and have beef or something, but that doesn't feel special and Christmassy to either of us.

It goes without saying that we will be having sprouts, roast potatoes, parsnips, carrots, peas, stuffing and pigs in blankets though. Those are all traditional and we can both agree on those. Well, not the sprouts, Dave doesn't like them. He will be having broccoli instead, but I will be having them.

I have all the snacks worked out too. All the cheese and biscuits, the olives, the pickles, the crisps. It is going to be a very good Christmas for me and Dave this year I think.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First time buyer - timeline and advice

Why we need International Women's Day

My favourite...Japanese actors and actresses