The day I knew I had to treat myself better

I often treat myself like crap both mentally and physically. I know I should be nicer to myself but I can't seem to give myself a break.

This dawning realisation came the other day when I managed to pull a muscle in my thigh trying to move a washing machine by myself. Rather than ask my fiance to do it or to help me do it I tried on my own. The thing was stuck to the floor and I felt useless for not being able to move it and hurting myself in the process. I am now suffering pain in that leg and have to ride it out with rest and ice treatment. That hasn't stopped me going to work though.

I realised that whenever my body seems to let me down physically I beat myself up mentally. I must be weak or stupid for not being able to do something or if I have a random ache or pain I must just be weak in that muscle or something. In reality I could do with losing some weight.

Don't get me wrong, I have already started losing weight since I moved into the house. I walk to and from work and I have started having smaller portions and more healthy meals. I a still a sucker for snacking between meals though. I am going to put a stop to this, or rather, eat something healthy if I really need to rather than something like a chocolate biscuit.

I am getting married this year and of course I would like to look my best come the big day, but at the same time I realise I am 30 this year and I will need to start seriously looking at my weight and how I treat myself. I need to be nicer to myself as when I am confident I am more active and eat better.

I have already started having chicken salads at lunch time and I am finding it easier to say no to that chocolate biscuit box in the office. I don't need to eat for the sake of eating. I should only eat when I am genuinely hungry.

So that is my plan for the next few months. It is a tough one as we have Easter on the way and that usually means a ton more of chocolate. As it is lent coming up I think I will try and give up sugar and sweets for that time. It is bound to do me good and means I have a goal to work to. I am going to start that now though. I will let you know how I get on with that.

I am also going to increase my walking and I am going to try and be more regular at zumba (this will be once the thigh injury is better though as it is really quite painful at the moment). Again, I will let you know how I get on with more exercise.

Sometimes you have to be strict on yourself to be kind to yourself and that is what I intend to do from now on. Positive thinking and treating myself better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First time buyer - timeline and advice

Why we need International Women's Day

My favourite...Japanese actors and actresses