I'm getting married...

...in October.

There will be no ding-dong of bells chiming though because it is a register office service.

Weirdly I do not feel as stressed about this as I did about buying the house. I guess I feel I have more control over this. When we were buying the house we had certain things that we had to wait for and these were things out of our control. With this wedding it is an event and I have organised those before. I feel like if something doesn't get done I only have myself to blame and so I don't get stressed.

For some reason I have always wanted an October wedding. I think it is because the weather should still be good without it being too hot for me and also because lots of people go for summer weddings and I am far from conventional in that thinking. Also it is way more expensive to get married in the popular summer months than it is in the autumn.

My parents got married on the first weekend of October 36 years ago this year. They had a lovely day for it. In fact, I know a lot of people who have got married in the first weeks of October so maybe we aren't so unconventional after all.

I kind of love all the organising of things and it gives me an excuse to make lists, which I love. It also gives me a chance to budget for things, which I also love. So far we have the venues booked and the photographer. Soon we will have the cake, cloths, rings. DJ, transport and decoration done too. We shall soon have a lovely wedding sorted.

The other reason for getting married in October this year is because I wanted to get married before I turned 30. I do so this November so we are cutting it a bit fine but we are getting there and my dream will come true.

All in all, life is going well at the moment and I am quite content. I think my fiance feels the same way I do...well, one would hope he does...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First time buyer - timeline and advice

Why we need International Women's Day

My favourite...Japanese actors and actresses