Life's too short

So, I went to a funeral of someone I didn’t know.

Don’t worry, I don’t just gate crash funerals, it was the husband of someone I work with. I won’t go into more details than that.

I admit, I didn’t know how my mind would process this information as I have been experiencing existential crisis this year while in the process of moving house. Regular readers will know of my life long death anxiety. What the day did tell me was that life is too short to worry, so go and do the things you enjoy.

For example, I recently found out that one of my favourite bands, ONE OK ROCK, are coming all the way from Japan to play three UK shows and one is in London. Now, this isn’t too far away and I could either make it there and back in one night or stay over in London, but the logistics were stressing me out. After realising that this wasn’t important and I’d figure it all out, I went ahead and booked those tickets.

I normally stress about going on holiday too. No idea why. This time I’m going to relax and enjoy it. The whole thing should be a right laugh. We’ve been there before so we know what it is like in the hotel and the local area.


Basically, I don’t want to let stupid anxiety stop me living my life and doing the things I want to do. If I want to travel to a gig then I will. If I want to go on holiday I will. I’m going to do the normal things people do and live a life without regret.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First time buyer - timeline and advice

Why we need International Women's Day

My favourite...Japanese actors and actresses