2017 - new beginnings

This is sort of one of those crappy 'new year, new me' posts. I know there are about a billion of them about at this time of year but hey ho, here's another one.

2015 was by far the shittest year for me in a long time. Yes I know I moved in with the love of my life (who is now my husband) but that is the year that the anxiety I have suffered with since I was in my teens returned. It was all the stress of house buying and it fucked me over for about 7-8 months. Really it was about mid-January 2016 before I started getting control of my life again.

2016 was the year after the shit times so for me it was what I call a recovery year. Every so often I have really shit years. One of the big ones for me was 2008 and that meant that 2009 was practically a write off. I spent that year recovering and the biggest help to me was Dave. The same can be said for 2016. He helped me through an awful lot by talking and encouraging me to try new things and have positive experiences. This is why I love him so much, he has been there through the good times and the incredibly shit times. Marrying him at the end of the year was the best thing I have ever done and I am so happy about all that.

When I have a recovery year it means I take 12 months to go through the cycle of the year without the anxiety taking over. It does happen and I have the odd attack but it isn't as bad as one of the shit years where it is constant. I have now been through that 12 months so I can get life back on track and the best part is that I get to do it with Dave.

This is Dave.


This year Dave turns 30 and we have plans to do some special stuff for him. I want to take him away somewhere and at the moment it looks like Paris might be the place for us. That does mean I have to get my finger out and sort my passport out but as I need to update it this year anyway at least I will be forced into it now.

We are going to try new things too. We are going to a ballet this year as we will see the Nutcracker in December. I know that seems a long way off but I am really excited for that and it will be amazing to see something new.

We already have parties and weddings to go to as well. A barn dance in March and a wedding one week after our first anniversary. That will be really exciting too. All-in-all this is looking to be a great year.

I want to get back down to Cornwall this year too. I have missed it so much and it is such a lovely place to go. I don't mind the drive down there either and I have done it before so I am happy to do it again. I have to remember to take my battery pack with me though as my car doesn't have a port for charging anything (no cigarette lighter or anything like that) and it pre-dates the built in sat-nav. 

I am also saving for a new car. To win the lottery would be nice as I need the money for that.

Then I will be changing my name on all my bank details too. Nearly there with everything and I will be completely a Harding.

So there are plans for good things this year. I am quite excited to see what it brings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First time buyer - timeline and advice

Why we need International Women's Day

My favourite...Japanese actors and actresses