An update on life

I do these every so often and they are quite fun for me to figure out what the hell is going on in my life, even if they are not so fun for you to read. Helps me get my random thoughts in order.

1. In a week and a half I will be married! That is a terrifying prospect. I know I keep mentioning it but it will be so weird to go from a Critcher to a Harding in the space of a 15 minute ceremony. I actually can't wait for it to be honest but it will be strange after being a Critcher for nearly 30 years!

2. My knee is clearly not as bad as I thought it was. You may recall that I had a weird injury the other week (everything in my life is weird at the moment). I was sat at work and someone asked me to help them with something on the printer and when I stood up my knee trapped some cartilage. I have not felt pain like that probably ever, even when I tripped over a box working for Sainsbury's years ago and landed on both of my knees. The result was that, four weeks before the wedding, I was unable to put any weight on my knee and could barely hobble a few steps. I have been limping around for ages and unable to walk up hills for about two weeks. Then it has started clicking and popping walking up stairs. There has been the odd twinge almost every day as well but I am getting over that. Then, today, I almost fell over in the car park. I was walking along and it was raining a bit and I put my left foot on a sloped paving slab and it slipped. Somehow I put my right leg out and that took the full weight of my body and stopped me falling over entirely! No pain, no popping, just me not falling on my arse! Incredible scenes.

3. I am determined to win bake off at work. We are doing a cake sale for Macmillan Nurses and although it is for a fantastic cause, there is a grand prize at stake. I want to win the apron! I do need an apron and I want the thing! To do this I have to be crowned star baker by two judges from our Faculty schools who will be playing Paul Hollywood and Mary Berry in true Bake Off style. I will be making a vanilla and strawberry marble cake and lemon drizzle cupcakes. Bring it on!

4. I think I am finally starting to feel at home in my house. I know I have been in the thing for over a year but I think that now I have done the full cycle I am feeling more confident. It turns out I can cook and iron and keep the place relatively clean. Also, I haven't set fire to anything yet so I must be doing something right. I go home now and it feels like home. I visit my parents in the house I grew up in and I am actually glad to return to my own home now. I don't feel the slight home sickness I did when I first moved out. I think that shows I'm moving on with life finally. That and the wedding means I am becoming my own person and I am starting to do things my way. I have even started disagreeing with my mother over the way things should be done. I am developing a sense of self and I like it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First time buyer - timeline and advice

Why we need International Women's Day

My favourite...Japanese actors and actresses