Things I learned this week

It is time for a round up of things I learned this week. It has been interesting to say the least and I feel I have picked up enough stuff to share with you.

1. Ovens are really hard to repair by yourself

In fact we had to give up and resort to calling out an engineer. The element on our fan over went and in 9/10 cases you can fix this yourself. Ours was screwed in from the back and we were not prepared for the responsibility of trying to sort this out ourselves. So, nearly £90 later, we have an oven that works better than ever before!

2. People get really angry when you point out how stupid they are

Through Dave I was able to display why someone was stupid in their argument for leaving the EU. Now, I am not saying that you shouldn't be of that opinion but you must be able to back up your argument with evidence. Saying: 'we should leave the EU because I think we should' is not a good argument. I was able to explain all of the benefits of staying in the EU and the risks of leaving. They tried to argue the toss but all that happened was that they resorted to saying they 'own a large retail company so know about these things'. This was supposed to either impress or scare, I am not sure which, either way it didn't work and they ended up looking even more stupid.

3. Professional cake makers are like magicians or something

We had a meeting with our wedding cake maker recently and she bought round some free samples in cupcake form. I thought my cakes were pretty decent but hers were amazing! Also, she is able to make acorns and oak leaves and roses and fir cones for our wedding cake all out of icing and by hand. This is surely some kind of sorcery!

4. Cats are total assholes

They have been pooing in our garden and woke me up the other day with a crying match before entering a full scale fight. This was about half an hour before my alarm was due to go off. I swear I am never owning one.

5. You don't know how great a bus service is until you are deprived of it

There is a bus stop at the end of my road and I can catch a bus straight to work. I usually walk the 1.64 miles (specifically as I have measured it with an app) and use the bus when I am ill or it is really raining hard. Last week the route was changed due to a road closure and even though I didn't want to use it I felt so deprived!

6. Babies can save their mother's lives

Apparently a fetus can send stem cells to a mother's heart if there is damage to it. Weird.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First time buyer - timeline and advice

Why we need International Women's Day

My favourite...Japanese actors and actresses