Another week without sugar

This not having added sugar lark is getting easier by the day. Once you get into it and find out what you can actually eat it is quite good fun and I am feeling the benefits already.

All this week I have been eating wholegrain rice cakes with low fat cheese spread and lettuce for lunch and fruit or shredded wheat for breakfast. Dinner has mostly consisted of salads or chicken and vegetables. By only having natural sugars (and only small amounts at that) I have been feeling more energised and my head is clearing up. I have felt fuzzy before when I have a sugar crash. I also find that I don't tend to crash and I am not so hungry and looking to snack to top up my sugar level.

I am drinking more water (though that is not uncommon for me, it is my drink of choice anyway and it might be down to the hot weather). I am also changing other things I drink such as coffee. I have been having my coffee black and no sugar and it tastes really good that way.

I don't know about how much weight I may have lost because I never weighed myself at the start, but I am finding it easier to breathe (when the hayfever doesn't kick in) and I am feeling calmer about myself. I am prone to anxiety attacks and for some reason these are dropping off a bit when I haven't been having sugar. This can only be a good sign too.

I still have a long way to go to see what the overall effects will be but so far I am positive and it is getting to be more natural now. At the start I had to really concentrate on what I was consuming but now I know what has high or low sugar content or what I can and can't eat I am finding it easier to do.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First time buyer - timeline and advice

Why we need International Women's Day

My favourite...Japanese actors and actresses