Observations by me

I haven't blogged in a while and I didn't really know what to say so I thought I would just make some observations.


  1. I went to see Lee Evans recently as I needed a laugh. He is still the best comedian I have ever seen. If you are in Britain and Ireland and you are going to see him perform his arena tour (Monsters) then you are in for a real treat. How he is going to keep it up for 2.5 hours a night for 65 tour dates is beyond me. His physical style of comedy is so intense and brilliant. If you couldn't get tickets then the DVD will be out in November which is shortly before the tour is due to finish!
  2. Men of my age don't seem to get the whole breast feeding in public thing. I think this is very sad. Comments by one fairly high profile person recently were along the lines of breasts being sexual organs and he wouldn't go getting his nob out in public so why do women do it with breasts? This shows that women are still seen in society as simply sexual objects and the natural way of feeding offspring that has worked for millions of years in all mammals is somehow dirty. You wouldn't look at a calf or lamb feeding from its mother's teat and think that was wrong so why is it wrong for humans to do it? A lot of work obviously needs to be done to change this view in a lot of people, not just men. It seems that men and a lot of women are so bogged down with the sexualisation of women's breasts that they don't see the true purpose and function of them. I will say it again that most women are actually very discrete when breast feeding in public and there is nothing nicer than seeing a woman and baby bonding in such a way. We live in the 21st Century people! Time to get over breasts!
  3. Recently a young woman was forced to have a baby. This baby was the product of rape that occurred before the young woman escaped her home land to Ireland. The authorities there treated her terribly and left it too late for her to have an abortion so she had a caesarean birth and the child was put up for adoption. This is another example of women's bodies being seen as nothing more than a vessel to carry children and titillate the opposite sex. The psychological impact of the rape was not addressed and the mother should have been given the choice to have an abortion in this case as she was not mentally stable enough to deal with a child which was the product of such a horrible crime against her body! I am all for choice when it comes to abortion and in this case the mother should have the right to decide. I have heard of women who feel so strongly against abortion that they carry the baby and some even keep it after being raped. That is their choice. In this case the woman didn't have a choice either way, she was dictated to. How can this ever be correct?
  4. In what I like to call the happy sandwich I will talk about something else funny I have seen recently. The Inbetweeners 2. This is a brilliant film and wraps up a lot of loose ends from the first film and TV series. The lads go travelling in Australia and if it can go wrong, it does go wrong. I won't spoil it for you but I rather liked it and it has had rather favourable reviews. I think it appeals because they are the under dogs. We have all known lads like that, been lads like that (even the girls) and they are a realistic representation of the struggle British teens have about peer pressure, trying to be cool, sex, drugs, social anxiety and more. They are relatable is what I am trying to say. They do not portray an unrealistic view of the 'hot' teen who gets everything their own way in some comedies and dramas. Sometimes, real life (or events based on real life) can be funnier than fiction and so is the case with The Inbetweeners. That time between childhood and adulthood really is that complicated and painful.
  5. Fangirls. These (along with fanboys) seem to be everywhere! I would call myself a fan of various bands and perhaps have displayed some of the behaviours of the 'fangirl' in the past, but I don't believe it to be as extreme as some others I could mention. When did this happen? When I discovered My Chemical Romance in 2005 (for example) we fans just liked their music. You had the odd few who had their lyrics for tattoos, but that was as far as it went. Most of us were just into the music and happy with that. It isn't just MCR, I am talking practically every band in existence today. Have there always been this many 'fangirls' and 'fanboys'? It is slightly scary I have to say. There was one particular incident that sticks in the mind. One particular concert I went to where a particular favourite band member of mine was being hounded by 'fangirls'. He was surrounded and at first I think he had it under control. After a short while he began to look distressed by it. Then he looked up, looked at me as if to say "HELP!" (this one knows me quite well and knows I am not going to go a bit crazy...by now some of you should be able to guess who this person is) and I walked through the masses as if parting the Red Sea and that seemed to disperse them all. It comes to something when you have to actually rescue the favourite one. I did also have to have words with one 'fangirl' on his behalf at a show one time too as she was...clingy shall we say? Then again, there was the 'fanboy' I stood in front of in Bristol who had already freaked the favourite out with a biscuit! As you can see they appear to be everywhere! When did that happen?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First time buyer - timeline and advice

Why we need International Women's Day

My favourite...Japanese actors and actresses