Unwanted phone calls

"How dare they assume I would use my phone as a phone!" I roared in the office a moment ago (or several depending on when you read this...)

Over the last two days I have had 20 phone calls (and counting) from a variety of numbers, but all the same company. They never state who they are, but they say they are calling from O2 to offer me an upgrade. This might be ok...if I was due to upgrade! As it is I did this a couple of months ago. Anyone that knows me will remember that my old mobile handset was playing up so I upgraded to the excellent Samsung Galaxy S5 a couple of months before I was due to upgrade. I was even happy to pay a little extra in order to do this at the time. I just wanted a working phone and that is what I got (and more, it is a good handset...but enough about that).

Then, two days ago as stated, I started getting the annoying calls. They never seem to stay ringing long enough for me to pick up and speak to anyone and they never seem to leave a voice mail either. I have been searching on Google and http://uk.whocalledme.com/ (which is an excellent site to be honest with you) and my answers have come from there where it seems that hundreds of other people have been victim to this.

It got to the stage today where I was shaking with anger before my lunch break. It is a bombardment of calls and it tantamount to abuse I am sure. I have added all the numbers to my reject list but I get texts from O2 to tell me I have missed calls so I know the frequency that they are trying. I have now also signed up with the Telephone Preference Service, but that takes 28 days to come into effect! In the mean time I am just supposed to put up with these imbeciles as they try and distract me from my working day. I have one eye constantly on my phone in the hope that the next call I will answer and be able to give them short shrift! It is making me ill with the anticipation too. This is someone who is willing to fight and has been through far more that she should in her nearly 28 years of life. If that is the effect it has on me, what effect is it having on far more vulnerable people?

On top of that I am expecting calls and messages in relation to family and friends. I seem to know a lot of people going through some torturous times at the moment and I would like to be there for them when they need me, so putting my phone away and ignoring it is simply not an option.

O2 has not yet responded to my direct tweet about the third party, which implies that they are aware of the situation and possibly condoning it! I live in the arse end of nowhere so I am restricted to this network as they are pretty much the only ones to provide coverage. I am at their mercy and right now it feels like a trap. Could this be something to do with selling out an arm of the company to Sky? I can't speculate on that.

So I have to put up with this nonsense for potentially another month until the TPS kicks in. Oh...and I have just started getting calls from a diet company too. Great.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First time buyer - timeline and advice

My favourite...Japanese actors and actresses

My favourite - Japanese music