Happy Birthday Twitter

So it has been five years since Twitter was first put out in the main internet world.  Happy Birthday to Twitter.  Who would have thought that something so simple as 140 character updates would become so popular.  It is not even just a fun office toy, we have seen Twitter used by journalists, protestors and celebs alike to get a point across and get the world to sit up and take notice. 

I was a late bloomer in the world of Twitter, joining nearly two years ago ostensibly to see what all the fuss was about and because I love the words of wisdom that come from the legend that is Stephen Fry.  Since then I have become a slight addict myself.  I use it to catch up on th big news stories as events unfold and most importantly I use it to keep in contact with my friend Cliff who has emigrated to Argentina. 

I love Twitter (and Facebook) and I would like to wish the site a very happy birthday indeed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First time buyer - timeline and advice

Why we need International Women's Day

My favourite...Japanese actors and actresses