What I hate about being ill

Being ill sucks

At the moment I am ill, yet again. Actually I haven't had a cold in the better part of 10 months so I am doing ok but finally I caught one. I actually blame my husband as he came home with it first and gave it to me. I should have left out the sickness bit in our vows. It is not that I don't want to support him when he is sick, I just don't want to catch it off of him in return.

Things I hate about being ill

1. Wanting to cut my own nose off

You ever hear of the expression 'cut your nose off to spite your face'? Well my face would welcome that whenever I get ill. At the moment I have the common cold and my nose feels like a dead weight on the front of my face. I just want to cut it off and have done with it.

2. The headaches

Every time a colleagues sneezes of coughs (we are all ill at the moment) it pierces my brain like an ice pick. The pain is terrible and I just want to be done with it.

3. The pain comes and goes in waves

One moment I feel like I am going to die a painful death and the next minute it feels like I am a lot better and could run a marathon. Then I go back to feeling shit again of course.

4. Wanting to sleep ALL THE TIME!

Right now I could go for a nap at my desk. Just 10 minutes would set me up for the rest of the afternoon. Better yet a full sized bed with lovely blankets and pillows so I can just sleep for a few hours. As I write I am looking forward to going home in a few hours so that I can go to sleep on the sofa in front of some crappy TV.

5. When you do sleep having weird dreams

So far this week I have had a weird dream about someone who I know at work who wouldn't stop stalking me (even though I have little to no interaction with this person on a daily basis) and a dream about a 20ft tall zombie like guy trying to kill me (which was all a bit Resident Evil in nature actually). Those are the ones I remember the most detail for but there are so many odd ones that I have had this week as a result of being ill. This happens to me every time I get sick.

6. Even medication makes things worse

There are certain types of pills I cannot take because they are full of things like caffeine and they set off anxiety attacks. My anxiety is already pretty high when I am ill anyway but this just makes it so much worse.

Basically I want this cold to go away now. I am fed up with it and I feel totally useless all the time. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First time buyer - timeline and advice

Why we need International Women's Day

My favourite...Japanese actors and actresses