My year

It is customary this time of year to look back at all the things we have done and all the things we are going to do in the future. I am no exception so here is what I remember about this year.

January:

I started the year all nervous because I had a job interview. It happened to be the day that the rain began to fall and caused a load of flooding. Needless to say I did not get the job. The person who did get the job no longer does the job. Ok then.

February:

The floods drained away and I was able to make it into Southampton to see the favourite one...aka, Luke Lucas (alright, that isn't his real surname but it is the one he goes by on stage). My favourite band had announced their split the year before and this was their farewell tour. Luke gained a unicorn t-shirt and I gained a right laugh. Then I took a trip to Bristol and pretended I wasn't actually stalking him (ok I actually wasn't but it was a long way to go for one gig). Dave and I stayed there and met some lovely people in the process, which was nice.

March:

Actually a quiet month and I can't remember anything too big happening. I know that I was determined to go to see FVK...and then didn't (that was April but the tickets were out in March). I did have a job interview though and that went very well indeed. I am doing that job now.

April:

A trip to Dublin that ended up with me arguing yet again with a tour bus driver, trying to fight through hordes of 1 Direction fans (or 'Directioners' as they like to be known) and meeting the wonderful Cian after years of nattering to him.

May:

Included Dave's birthday and I think other things. Unless we went to Dublin in May. Probably did. I actually can't remember May!

June:

Started the new job. That pretty much dominated. Dave had a job interview and got it and he is now doing that job.

July:

Bloody hot and lots of students graduating is all I remember. Oh and Death Note and Tatsuya Fujiwara were dominating everything for me then.

August:

Dave started his new job. I ended up doing a job swap with someone at my place and I am doing that now.

September:

Moved into a new office, which was nice. Lost things and gained things in the process.

October:

Went to Cornwall with my brother and Dave and for some reason me and my brother did not kill each other! I will chalk that up to a success. We all really enjoyed it though and I might suggest we do it again some time. I also got sick and started cosplaying some of my favourite anime characters. I even went to Comic Con in London and had fun (despite being ill) cosplaying Misa from Death Note and I met the lovely Shane and Leo who are like cosplay gods or something! Either way, they are totally awesome.

November:

My birthday and the budgie we got in April (Sammy) died, which was a bit of a shock. Carried on with the cosplay and got sick again (like you do if you're me).

December:

Still sick, made Mum and Dad sick and had the last gig of the year, DEAD. Now it is coming up for Christmas and I have just passed my probation. Good times.

2015:

House hunting, cosplay and gigs. That's the order of play so far.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First time buyer - timeline and advice

Why we need International Women's Day

My favourite...Japanese actors and actresses