Economic Crisis - Could We See This Coming?

I do not claim to be an economist, but I do take an interest in what is going on around me in terms of the recent economic news.  (Disclaimer is done...)

On with the opinion.  Well not so much the opinion rather an open questions to others.  Now you can correct me if I am wrong, but am I right in remembering that it was predicted around 10-15 years ago that the Western World would cease to be the super powers in terms of the economy?  I know there is an exception in the fact that Germany appears to be doing rather well, all things considered, but the rest of Europe and the USA appears to have gone down that route.  It is a strange thing, but I only remembered this first thing this morning. 

I know that even China has had its wobbles and so have other parts of Asia, but India and China appear to be doing rather well by comparison.  This was all predicted, along with a potential crash so long ago.  Why then are we so surprised by this?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First time buyer - timeline and advice

Why we need International Women's Day

My favourite...Japanese actors and actresses