Android still has niggles

I thought I would leave the blogging about News International until a little later (a quick aside, there was a brilliant moment last night when LulzSec hacked into The Sun's website and posted a story about the death of Rupert Murdoch.  Needless to say this has been taken down now but that is really quite funny).  Anyway, the NI stuff is for later because the select committee are sitting today with the Murdochs and Brooks so that will be worth talking about later on (incuding the bag incident...worth waiting for).

Anyway, onto the rant of the morning.  I am hoping that someone will read this and have an answer for me.  I cannot get on the WiFi on my Galaxy S.  I love this phone, trust me, I do, but it is the annoying thing is that I have had the problem affecting many Galaxy S users.

It starts off for a couple of months saying that the device is 'obtaining IP address'.  It does this for ages, turning the WiFi on and off automatically.  Eventually this will turn on the WiFi and it stays on from there.  Over the last couple of days it has changed.  Now it says 'unable to scan networks'.

The really annoying thing is that many people, all over the world have had the same problem.  There are whole forums devoted to the topic.  Everyone is peed off with this issue and yet nothing can be done.  Apparently no one wants to accept responsibility for this issue.  Advice given includes a factory reset that only works for a couple of months before the problem arises again and setting a static IP (doesn't actually work).  This is advice given by other users and neither are particularly good options.

What I would like is for one of the Android developers to accept that there is a problem and create an answer.  Otherwise is this a problem from Samsung's end?  If so the same applies.  Someone needs to accept responsibility because this is very annoying and as it affects so many people it is about time something was done. (http://forum.vodafone.ie/index.php?/topic/7119-cannot-connect-to-net-via-wifi-on-galaxy-s/ , http://www.mygalaxytab.net/samsung-galaxy-tab-how-to/tab-cannot-get-ip-address-for-wifi-problem-recs/, http://www.samsunggalaxysforum.com/samsung-galaxy-s-ii-help-desk/cant-connect-to-wifi/)

If anyone has an answer then do let me know...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First time buyer - timeline and advice

Why we need International Women's Day

My favourite...Japanese actors and actresses